Bookathon 2013, 1/3: Literary Character Quiz
“It is our choices Harry, which show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
- Albus Dumbledore
There are some characters that stay with us long after we’ve finished the books- who can forget the ambitious Pip or the lovable Joe Gargery, the passionate Heathcliff, the honourable Atticus Finch, the carefree Holly Golightly, the suave James Bond or the twisted Fagin.
Today’s quiz is based on some famous literary characters. Let’s see how many you get right!
First 5 correct entries will get 12, 8, 6, 4 and 2 points. The top 2 after 3 days will win!
Submit your answers here,
1. She is a goddess, a thief and a queen. Evil doers have a name for her: the weather witch.
Clue: An Oscar winning actress played her in the movie.
2. A savage on an island who became a victim of colonial injustice. His parents: A witch and the Devil.
3. He was a famous jet setting fellow who travelled around the world. His tale inspired one of the greatest comic characters of all time. Clue: All it needs is a dog to complete the picture.
4. This character is based on the author’s quick-tempered chemistry teacher who had long hair and a gloomy, dismal laboratory.
5. Who’s business card could this be?
His character was inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Think superhero comics.